The number of "likely" phone-hacking victims at the hands of News Corp. has now been confirmed to fall north of 1,000 people, up from previous estimates in the high hundreds. The BBC also reports that the endless investigation will also have an "enormous cost" and could total £40 million over four years, according to British police. Rupert Murdoch, who's paying a bit himself in settlements, can isolate the problem on his balance sheets, but he can't outrun it entirely.
Photo: Graeme Robertson/2005 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 4. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!