Michael Stipe and company have kindly requested that Fox News cease and desist from its clever use of R.E.M.'s hit song "Losing My Religion" in coverage of the Democratic National Convention. "We have little or no respect for their puff adder brand of reportage," said Stipe in a statement, referring colorfully to the cable news network as either a poisonous viper or mutant super-villain. "Our music does not belong there." Paul Ryan would like to suggest "Stairway to Heaven."
Photo: Skip Bolen/2011 Skip Bolen
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]