Michael Stipe and company have kindly requested that Fox News cease and desist from its clever use of R.E.M.'s hit song "Losing My Religion" in coverage of the Democratic National Convention. "We have little or no respect for their puff adder brand of reportage," said Stipe in a statement, referring colorfully to the cable news network as either a poisonous viper or mutant super-villain. "Our music does not belong there." Paul Ryan would like to suggest "Stairway to Heaven."
Photo: Skip Bolen/2011 Skip Bolen
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!