The MTA is kicking around a fare-hike proposal that would raise the base bus or subway fare from one quarter to $2.50 a ride, increase a monthly unlimited card from $5 to $109, and eliminate the seven percent bonus on pay-per-ride cards, insiders tell the Daily News. The MTA will present that proposal and others at public hearings in November as it attempts to raise $382 million to balance next year's budget. Those MTA garbage cans aren't cheap.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?