The MTA is kicking around a fare-hike proposal that would raise the base bus or subway fare from one quarter to $2.50 a ride, increase a monthly unlimited card from $5 to $109, and eliminate the seven percent bonus on pay-per-ride cards, insiders tell the Daily News. The MTA will present that proposal and others at public hearings in November as it attempts to raise $382 million to balance next year's budget. Those MTA garbage cans aren't cheap.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime