Two weeks ago Catholics who attend Manhattan's Church of St. Catherine of Siena received an unusually scandalous bulletin in which Rev. John Farren turned over his page to six former ambassadors to the Vatican, who made the case for supporting Mitt Romney. The Times reports that more than 20,000 people signed a petition to Cardinal Timothy Dolan protesting the endorsement and the church was reported to the IRS for potentially violating its tax-exempt status. Churchgoers have yet to weigh in on Dolan slipping coded political digs into his DNC benediction around the same time.
Photo: Alex Wong/Getty Images2012 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. The Vampire Diaries Finale Recap: All’s Well That Ends Well ... for Now
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring