The American Dream is alive and well: Tim Pawlenty — a child of a "meat-packing town," as he reminded us every five minutes during his brief primary run — has just been named the new King Arthur of the Financial Services Roundtable, a lobbying group representing banks and financial corporations such as JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, and Allstate. Reuters reports that, "As the industry's top lobbyist, he will play a major role in the industry's efforts to make new Dodd-Frank rules." In which case, Dodd-Frank is as good as finished. Because when Tim Pawlenty wants something, he gets it.
Photo: David Greedy/2011 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper