When Good Morning America finally ended Today's sixteen-year winning streak in the spring, it looked like it might just be a brief aberration, but the latest numbers say otherwise. The Post reports that despite its Olympics coverage, the NBC morning show was down nearly 7 percent over the summer. During the ten-week period ending September 9, GMA beat Today in total viewers with 4.7 million viewers to 4.6 million, and came closer to topping NBC in the 25- to 54-year-old demographic. In even more concerning news for NBC, during Savannah Guthrie's first ten weeks on the job she drew lower ratings than Ann Curry did in her final weeks on the show. Just a rough start? Maybe, but NBC may want to sprinkle some holy water around the studio just in case.
Photo: Stephen Lovekin/2012 Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?