A 45-year-old woman was sexually assaulted early Monday morning and thrown by her attacker from the top of a balcony at Pier 15 near South Street Seaport, DNAinfo reports. The woman is in serious condition at Bellevue Hospital after suffering a fractured pelvis and broken femur after a 25- to 30-foot fall from the balcony onto what appears to be a concrete outdoor seating area. Police suspect that the victim may know the attacker, a fifty-something man with dreadlocks who's roughly five foot eight and 230 pounds. According to Metro, the incident was first reported by NYC Park Advocates official Geoffrey Croft, who spoke with investigators. “The way it was phrased to me was that they met and then they went up to the roof to drink," Croft said.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2004 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died
- 9. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women