Mitt Romney's "binders of women" comment during Tuesday's debate may be the most delightful thing to come out of the campaign as far as meme-loving Internet users are concerned, but on Wednesday New York's Jonathan Chait told Piers Morgan that Democrats shouldn't be focusing on the gaffe. Though Romney's claims have been questioned, making an effort to hire more women is something worth bragging about. "He just missed the word," says Chait. "Women candidates. It sounded slightly silly but everyone knows what he meant." "Romney's done the same thing of taking some slightly garbled bit of syntax and trying to construct a whole campaign around it," Chait adds — not that it makes what the Democrats are doing any less ridiculous.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film