Known and never-convicted Lothario Dominique Strauss-Kahn skirted rape charges for the second time in two years today, with French prosecutors opting to drop a preliminary gang rape case against him. The investigation stemmed from Strauss-Kahn's ties to global sex parties — for which he still faces up to twenty years in prison for procuring prostitutes — at which one woman claimed she was tied up and sodomized in a Washington, D.C., W Hotel room. Prosecutors announced today that the woman "did not lodge a formal complaint during her interrogation," the Washington Post reports, "and later sent a letter to the prosecutor saying she had consented to paid sex with Strauss-Kahn and did not intend to make a legal complaint against him." But you can see why they might've been confused.
Photo: J.B Nicholas / Splash News/© www.splashnews.com
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!