During the first Arizona Senate debate on Wednesday, Rep. Jeff Flake said he has not and will not sign Grover Norquist's no-tax pledge. "The only pledge I'd sign is a pledge to sign no more pledges," Flake said. "I don't want higher taxes. But no more pledges." It turns out Flake was only half right. Americans for Tax Reform lists him as one of the 238 Representatives who have signed the bill, which does mean he can't sign it again.
Photo: Chip Somodevilla/2009 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper