"He is unshackled," New York's John Heilemann said on NOW With Alex Wagner today of Vice-President Joe Biden's preparation for his Thursday-night debate against Paul Ryan. Unlike the debates four years ago when the Obama campaign was concerned Biden might come off too mean against Sarah Palin, Heilemann said this week's one and only VP debate would be strong and substantive. In 2008, "they had to prepare him for Palin by saying 'Don't condescend to her, don't come across as Frank Sinatra on a Vegas lounge stage, don't treat her like an idiot, don't treat her like a girl,'" — it was a debate all about holding back. One can only hope a truly unshackled Biden delivers the opposite of some of those '08 no-nos on Thursday night.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]