An e-mail exchange between Hillary Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines and Buzzfeed's Michael Hastings turned testy last week when the reporter demanded non-"bullshit" answers, and Reines punched back with a "Fuck off" and "Have a good life." Reines has since said sorry, Politico reports: "No matter how strongly you feel about something, there's a way to make a point," he said. "That wasn't it, and I apologized to him for that." Hastings was needling Clinton's right-hand man over the State Department beef with CNN for using the found diary of late Libya ambassador Christopher Stevens. Clinton, we imagine, responded to the bad press with a lecture about presidential language and may or may not have made Reines contribute to the swear jar, the contents of which could go toward 2016.
Photo: Michael Loccisano/2011 Getty Images
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. Finally, See Kate Moss’s Photos for Playboy
- 5. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 6. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 7. 40 Men That Men Find Beautiful
- 8. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 9. Is Jennifer Lawrence Katniss-ing Us?