Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. has been out of the public eye since June when his office said he was suffering from exhaustion, revealing later that he was receiving treatment for bipolar II disorder. Now The Wall Street Journal reports that his life has become even more complicated, as the FBI and federal prosecutors are conducting a criminal probe into allegations that he used campaign money to decorate his house. Jackson returned to his Washington, D.C. home last month and hasn't been seen on the campaign trail, but he's still expected to win his reelection campaign since he represents a heavily Democratic district in Chicago. Sources say his attorneys asked Justice Department officials not to seek an indictment before the election, but they said they couldn't make that guarantee.
Photo: Chip Somodevilla/2008 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper