The last unemployment figures before Election Day are scheduled to be released on Friday, but because the federal government is closed today and possibly tomorrow, the Labor Department says it's unsure whether a delay will be necessary. "[J]ust another sleazy attempt of o’dumbo controlled departments to try to salvage this fool’s campaign," says a comment on The Wall Street Journal story that we think will probably be typical of the conservative reaction. Update: The Labor Department says it is their "intention that Friday will be business as usual."
Photo: THOMAS LOHNES/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 9. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]