The last unemployment figures before Election Day are scheduled to be released on Friday, but because the federal government is closed today and possibly tomorrow, the Labor Department says it's unsure whether a delay will be necessary. "[J]ust another sleazy attempt of o’dumbo controlled departments to try to salvage this fool’s campaign," says a comment on The Wall Street Journal story that we think will probably be typical of the conservative reaction. Update: The Labor Department says it is their "intention that Friday will be business as usual."
Photo: THOMAS LOHNES/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?