Throughout the debate between Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill and her Republican challenger Todd Akin, the term "legitimate rape" never happened to come up. McCaskill is currently running ads featuring rape survivors, so she's clearly not shy about using the issue in the campaign. Politico notes that both sides steered clear of the campaign's most controversial issues, from Akin's bizarre understanding of female biology to McCaskill's improper use of taxpayer money for her private plane. Strange.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 3. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 4. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves
- 5. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 6. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 7. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 8. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 9. Cannes Day Six: Selita Ebanks, Zoe Saldana, and Alec Baldwin’s Pregnant Wife