The New York Aquarium's newest resident — Mitik, a walrus calf found dehydrated and with an infected bladder off the coast of Alaska in July — is settling into his new home quite nicely, thanks to a 15-member support team and his favorite bucket toy (which appears at the 0:42 mark.) However, the staff of the Coney Island-based aquarium wants to make sure his transition isn't too smooth. As the behavioral husbandry supervisor told the New York Times: "We want to make sure that we don’t give him so much contact that the day he actually meets his buddies he’s more interested in us than the other walruses. He needs to know he’s a walrus."
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 7. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 8. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 9. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces