"What’s unusual about this project is it’s being done in the middle of the wasteland." — Jerome Krase, professor emeritus of sociology at Brooklyn College and the former president of the Gowanus Canal Community Development Corporation, gets to the heart of the issue in a New York Times report on the Lightstone Group's plan to build a 770-apartment project on the Gowanus Canal. Its Superfund designation has scared off most other developers.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck