After Times management and the Newspaper Guild took turns walking out on each other, both sides have agreed to bring in a mediator to help with the ongoing union contract dispute. "This is very good for the process — we were getting nowhere," one staffer explained to his side. "A mediator listens to both sides and then shuttles back and forth between the two rooms like Henry Kissinger, leaning on each of them to give in bit by bit until a deal is reached." A historical allusion is something on which everyone in the building can agree.
Photo: Bloomberg/2011 Bloomberg
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 4. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 5. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 8. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 9. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?