Family Circle has announced the results of its First Lady cookie recipe contest, a quaint and charming tradition that has its roots in the 1992 hazing of Hillary Clinton. After more than 9,000 people weighed in, Michelle Obama's white and dark chocolate chip cookies beat Ann Romney's M&M cookies by just 287 votes, the smallest margin ever. The magazine notes that the bake-off has correctly predicted the results of four out of five elections (and cheating accusations marred Cindy McCain's 2008 win). We should probably go through with the election for the sake of formality, but this thing is essentially over.
Photo: JEWEL SAMAD/2010 AFP
- 1. Jody Rosen’s Snap Judgments on Beyoncé’s Surprise New Album
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Megyn Kelly Called In Sick Last Night
- 6. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 9. Watch Amy Poehler and Billy Eichner Force People to Sing Christmas Carols on the Street