Family Circle has announced the results of its First Lady cookie recipe contest, a quaint and charming tradition that has its roots in the 1992 hazing of Hillary Clinton. After more than 9,000 people weighed in, Michelle Obama's white and dark chocolate chip cookies beat Ann Romney's M&M cookies by just 287 votes, the smallest margin ever. The magazine notes that the bake-off has correctly predicted the results of four out of five elections (and cheating accusations marred Cindy McCain's 2008 win). We should probably go through with the election for the sake of formality, but this thing is essentially over.
Photo: JEWEL SAMAD/2010 AFP
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring