And though her occupation has increasingly shifted from politician to reality TV regular in the past few years, she's using Sarah PAC to keep a toe in the political process. Politico reports that during the third quarter of this year she took in $843,500, mostly from donors who gave $200 or less, and spent $774,000. Most of the money went toward mailings, but she also donated to ten candidates, including Rep. Allen West of Florida, Rep. Jeff Flake's Arizona Senate race, Senate candidate Ted Cruz of Texas, and House candidates Mia Love of Utah and Ted Yoho of Florida. There's about $1.25 million left in the account, which should come in handy if she needs to buy up extra copies of her upcoming fitness book.
Photo: Adam Bettcher/2011 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 4. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 5. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died
- 8. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 9. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]