And though her occupation has increasingly shifted from politician to reality TV regular in the past few years, she's using Sarah PAC to keep a toe in the political process. Politico reports that during the third quarter of this year she took in $843,500, mostly from donors who gave $200 or less, and spent $774,000. Most of the money went toward mailings, but she also donated to ten candidates, including Rep. Allen West of Florida, Rep. Jeff Flake's Arizona Senate race, Senate candidate Ted Cruz of Texas, and House candidates Mia Love of Utah and Ted Yoho of Florida. There's about $1.25 million left in the account, which should come in handy if she needs to buy up extra copies of her upcoming fitness book.
Photo: Adam Bettcher/2011 Getty Images
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...
- 6. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 7. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 8. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 9. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: November 2013