A police sting has resulted in the arrest of 42-year-old William Thomas, the apparent proprietor of a ring of four brothels on East 52nd Street, East 39th Street, West 36th Street, and One Maiden Lane. The sex ring "catered to wealthy Johns with a penchant for Asian women," according to DNAinfo, and offered a variety of sexual services, from massages with "happy endings" to the "girlfriend experience," which, according to one police detective, "means that the woman will pretend to be the customer’s affectionate girlfriend and may engage in unprotected sex," although one major difference is that girlfriends typically do not charge by the hour for sex in real life. Amusingly, Thomas's now-protected Twitter profile reportedly refers to his "entrepreneurial spirit."
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode