The father of the 1-month-old infant found in a burning Bronx apartment on Thursday is being questioned by the NYPD, who believe he was responsible for the violent death of the child's mother. (An NYPD spokesman told the New York Post that the little girl may have died from physical trauma — as opposed to smoke inhalation, which had been their initial assumption.) The baby's mother, 32-year-old Luisa Rodriguez, who was stabbed to death next to her child, had taken out a restraining order against the as-yet-unidentified man, who'd moved out four months ago. She'd also called the cops on him at least twice.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgove Does a Jig
- 4. East Williamsburg, Queens? Ridgewood, Brooklyn? WiRi?
- 5. Hofstra Student Killed by Police Bullet During Long Island Home Invasion
- 6. I Tried Gwyneth Paltrow’s Diet
- 7. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 8. Seitz: Look Past the Dragons in Game of Thrones
- 9. New York City Real Estate - Summer Rentals