A Brooklyn landlord visiting one of his properties yesterday found 38-year-old Jamaican-born Vindalee Smith stabbed to death on a blood-splattered kitchen floor. Smith was set to get married today, and was just two weeks away from giving birth to a boy. "It would be the devil to kill a woman with a child in her stomach," a friend of Smith's said. "They killed two people." Her Seventh Day-Adventist pastor, who was set to perform the wedding, told reporters that one of Smith's neighbors had angrily "accused her of being irresponsible [with her dog] and threatened to kill her and her family… but that was months ago." The police are questioning her fiancé, reports the New York Daily News, but they have not yet named him — or anyone — as a suspect.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck