A Brooklyn landlord visiting one of his properties yesterday found 38-year-old Jamaican-born Vindalee Smith stabbed to death on a blood-splattered kitchen floor. Smith was set to get married today, and was just two weeks away from giving birth to a boy. "It would be the devil to kill a woman with a child in her stomach," a friend of Smith's said. "They killed two people." Her Seventh Day-Adventist pastor, who was set to perform the wedding, told reporters that one of Smith's neighbors had angrily "accused her of being irresponsible [with her dog] and threatened to kill her and her family… but that was months ago." The police are questioning her fiancé, reports the New York Daily News, but they have not yet named him — or anyone — as a suspect.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]