A 15-year-old Queens student was sent home from school yesterday for refusing to remove her "I enjoy vagina" T-shirt, a slogan fashioned cleverly into the classic Coca-Cola logo. "It's hypocritical," said Brianna Demato, who identifies as bisexual. "They use the word in class — why can't I, on a shirt?" Brianna's mother agrees: "She's not hurting anyone. It's her right to wear that shirt," said the elder Demato, who has a badass idea, in addition to going straight to the Daily News. Today, "she's wearing a shirt that says 'I'm the Bitch From Down the Block.'" Getting pulled from class while fighting censorship, with parental permission, sounds like a win all around.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 3. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 4. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 5. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 6. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 7. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 8. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron
- 9. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob