Both Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have borrowed from Buzz Bissinger's book Friday Night Lights, quoting that irresistible football team motto, "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose." So it must be especially gratifying to Romney that Bissinger broke his way in a Daily Beast essay Monday, changing sides to support the Republican after Obama's lackluster debate performance. "Voting for a president is based on a combination of factual and emotional perception," Bissinger wrote, and Romney "showed vigor, and enthusiasm, and excitement."
Photo: Michael Muller/© NBC Universal, Inc.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death