Good Morning America weatherman Sam Champion comes out publicly for the first time today in a friend's New York Times "Vows" column, telling the paper "in the spirit of the moment" that he and boyfriend Rubem Robierb are getting married on New Year's Eve in Miami. "We are thrilled and so excited and thank everyone for their good wishes," said Champion in an ABC announcement.
Photo: Ida Mae Astute/©2011 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 3. The Look Book - Public-Service Executive Nora Fitzpatrick
- 4. Kanye On SNL: Scowls, Screaming, The Waterboy
- 5. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck
- 6. Seitz: Look Past the Dragons in Game of Thrones
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Anchorman 2 Teaser Trailer: You Haven’t Changed a Bit
- 9. Michael Musto Takes the High Road in His Village Voice Farewell