As if being on Staten Island weren't punishment enough, residents of the Ocean Breeze neighborhood now have to deal with a sustained howling at all hours of the day. The Staten Island Advance reports that the "alien-like" wailing, which comes in two different pitches and "sounds like 100,000 people with unlimited air in their lungs blowing through Coke bottles," is coming from the way the wind echoes through the acoustic roof being built on a new athletic center. (It should be fixed "by the middle of next month.") One Staten Islander complained, "I'm so frazzled — we're all tormented!" The noise is probably pretty obnoxious, too.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]