With the Dow shooting up 0.6 percent today, some analysts have concluded that Mitt Romney's debate win must have been the catalyst. "Seems like the marketplace believes Romney is better for stocks and the economy," Andrew Brenner, the unbiased global head of international fixed income at National Alliance, told The Wall Street Journal. "No question this is a bump from last night’s debate." Why did the Dow surge by a comparable 0.58 percent on Monday and 0.54 percent a week ago? Probably anticipation of Romney winning the debate, is our guess.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update