Youth soccer instructor Michael Jones was brutally murdered near Union Square early on Sunday in what might have been a terrifying case of mistaken identity. Jones can be seen in surveillance footage arguing with his attacker, who police now believe was involved in an earlier, separate dispute. "There may have been a 'discussion' with a woman that [the suspect] met in a bar," said Ray Kelly today, according to the Daily News. "We don't believe at this time that the victim was involved with the fight with the perpetrator in that bar." In the search for a motive for the stabbing, "We're not ruling that out," Kelly added. "It's still a possibility." And a horrible one at that. The killer remains at large.
Photo: null/The Red Bulls
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement