In what appears to be an inside job, $1.5 million worth of iPad minis were stolen from a cargo building at JFK Airport that just happens to be the same one robbed in the 1978 Lufthansa heist featured in Goodfellas. As Henry Hill put it in the film, "Whenever we needed money, we'd rob the airport. To us, it was better than Citibank." Some things never change, except now there are tiny handheld computers.
Photo: JEFF PACHOUD/2012 AFP
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper