A judge in the trial of James Holmes, the alleged gunman in the Colorado theater shooting, agreed to delay a hearing set for Thursday after defense attorneys said Holmes was either sick or injured. "What occurred was mid-day yesterday. We were informed of a situation that involved a trip to a hospital," said attorney Tamara Brady. "It's not as simple as a migraine." The prosecution complained that Holmes's lawyers were being too vague about his condition, but sources tell the Denver Post that Holmes rammed his head into a wall at the Arapahoe County jail and received a MRI. CBS Denver reports that Holmes has made several "half-hearted" suicide attempts, with another involving jumping off of his bed.
Photo: Handout/Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office2012 Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!