Here's a thing with the potential to make your Monday less infuriating: The Sandy-flooded Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel is reopening at 6 a.m. Trucks will remain banned until further notice, but all other traffic is good to go in both directions, just like the old days. It's "yet another step in restoring a sense of normalcy to the region," said MTA Chairman Joe Lhota. Meanwhile, the R train between Brooklyn and Manhattan will stay down at least another few weeks.
Photo: Allison Joyce/2012 Allison Joyce
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?