The New York Post reports that shortly before Thanksgiving, employees of CBS Interactive received an e-mail that said the company would be closed from December 24 to 28, adding, “Do not show up for work those days. The doors will be padlocked, and the windows turned into the material from that room in The Avengers that Thor’s hammer couldn’t break.” Despite the colorful emphasis, a few days later CBS News employees received another e-mail informing them that the mandatory vacation doesn't apply because news sites "do not have the luxury of just shutting down or staffing so thinly as to be uncompetitive.” CBS staffers will be bringing us the latest news over the holidays, even if they have to fight their way into the office.
Photo: Pool/2008 Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]