While announcing that hurricane-hit towns could raise taxes more then New Jersey's 2-percent limit to pay for storm damage, historically anti-tax Gov. Chris Christie pointed out that in the absence of a "magic money tree," the repair funds had to come from somewhere. "It hasn’t turned me from a limited-government guy to a big-government guy," he said, but "if something catastrophic happens, you have to adjust your position."
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 9. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes