Today in screenplay ideas: The FBI's indictment of an unlikely loan shark trio in Brooklyn features James Ferrara, an associate of the Gambino crime family; Daniel Hanley, a member of the Irish-American gang the Westies; and Peter Kanakis, from the Hell's Angels spin-off the Demon Knights. "Allegedly members of three different organized crime enterprises, these defendants nevertheless banded together and spoke the same language of violence, threats, and intimidation to their victims," said U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch, citing the use of brass knuckles, a baseball bat, and a gun that "narrowly" missed. "With alleged involvement of the Gambinos, Westies, and Hell's Angels," said NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly, "this case hit the trifecta of loansharking and extortion." The diplomacy at play is, understandably, overshadowed.
Photo: Laurent Hamels/© Corbis. All Rights Reserved.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!