Following his Election Night epiphany, Newt Gingrich revealed on Tuesday's Colbert Report that he's also come to a new realization about super-PACs. Though they enabled Gingrich's friend Sheldon Adelson to pour millions into his campaign and produce a half-hour anti-Romney film, Gingrich now says they're going to be "very negative and very destructive of our system." Sure, Gingrich had one absurdly wealthy backer, but he was no match for Romney's 26 billionaire buddies. "That would be a great reality show: Billionaire Fight," remarked Colbert. "We just had it," said Gingrich. "It was called the election."
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring