John Heilemann joined the NOW with Alex Wagner panel today to discuss the voter demographics of last night's election, noting that more Latino voters identified as Democrat than in the previous two election cycles, up 53 percent from 42 percent in 2004. Only 20 percent of Latino voters identify as Republican, down from 31 percent in 2004. "Republicans face a political reality here, and if they don't get right with it, they are going to be an untenable, implausible governing party in an America," Heilemann said. "If that's the trend, you are not just an unsuccessful party — you are an extinct party."
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!