Those bored with speculation about the 2016 presidential race can turn their attention to the increasingly complex game of guessing who will join President Obama's cabinet. Senior administration officials tell the New York Times that John Kerry and Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, are the two frontrunners, but things aren't looking good for the Massachusetts senator. If Obama picks Rice he'll have to battle with congressional Republicans, who have targeted Rice in their criticism of the response to the Benghazi attack, yet the Washington Post reports that the nomination will still "almost certainly go" to Rice. Officials say Obama is considering asking Kerry to be his defense secretary, but he may have to rethink his whole cabinet strategy if scandals keep breaking at the current rate.
Photo: Alex Wong/Getty Images2012 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper