In an abrupt turnaround, Maine GOP chairman Charlie Webster has told the Portland Press Herald that he no longer intends to investigate why some people voted in his state last week despite not being white. He also apologized. "It was my intention to talk not about race, but about perceived voting irregularities," Webster said in a statement. "However, my comments were made without proof of wrongdoing and they had the unintended consequence of casting aspersions on an entire group of Americans. For that, I am truly sorry."
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!