The fighting between Israel and Hamas is now in its fifth day, and Twitter master Rupert Murdoch has some helpful insights about the media's coverage of the conflict. "Why Is Jewish owned press so consistently anti- Israel in every crisis?" he tweeted on Saturday night. While he did not specify which Jews he was referring to, the tweet followed an earlier post that read, "Middle East ready to boil over any day. Israel position precarious. Meanwhile watch CNN and AP bias to point of embarrassment." (He also wondered, "Can't Obama stop his friends in Egypt shelling Israel?") It looks like Donald Trump has some increasingly serious competition in Twitter's unhinged conservative mogul arena. UPDATE: A tweeted mea culpa from Murdoch: "'Jewish owned press' have been sternly criticised, suggesting link to Jewish reporters. Don't see this, but apologise unreservedly."
Photo: Justin Sullivan/2011 Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability