Though Yoselyn Ortega, the nanny accused of stabbing her two young charges to death on the Upper West Side, was said to be in a "catatonic state" after awaking from a medically induced coma, law enforcement sources tell the Post that she made a brief statement on Sunday. “She said something like, ‘I’m paid to watch the children, not clean up and do housework,’” said the source. “There was friction between her and the family.” She explained that she had taken on an extra five hours of housekeeping work to increase her paycheck. In the last month, Marina and Kevin Krim were concerned about her job performance, and “she was told that if she didn’t improve her work, she would be let go,” says the source.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2012 Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 3. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 4. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 5. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 6. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 7. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 8. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron
- 9. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob