Throughout the election, Rupert Murdoch has taken on the role of the withholding father that Mitt Romney never had. Romney tried to impress Murdoch on numerous occasions, but the highest praise he ever got out of the conservative mogul was when he selected Paul Ryan to be his VP — an "almost perfect choice." Yesterday on Twitter, Murdoch's preferred venue for dishing out criticism, he was still slightly hopeful. "Seems slight edge to Obama, but Romney seeing small late surge," he wrote. "Many state polls look unreliable." However, on Monday night he appeared to be throwing in the towel: "Everybody searching for any scrap of news about election tomorrow.plenty of straws to grasp for Romney, probably not enough." If only he'd secured more enthusiastic support from the likes of The Wall Street Journal, the New York Post, and Fox News. What a disappointment!
Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images2012 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!