On October 8, 17-year-old Joseph Beer crashed his parents' Subaru on Long Island's Southern State Parkway, killing the four friends who were riding with him in the vehicle. Now, Long Island prosecutors are holding his parents partially legally responsible, charging Aaditia and Patricia Beer with unlicensed operation of a vehicle. They face up to 15 days in jail and a $300 fine. "It’s not like we give him the key and say, ‘Go kill somebody,'" Mrs. Beer told the Post. "Nobody wants their kids to go out there in the middle of the night without your consent." Meanwhile, the couple's son, who was driving over 110 mph while high on marijuana and only possessing a learner's permit, is up against a 25-year prison sentence.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!