Disneyfied Times Square hosted the arrests of six alleged drug traffickers last month, caught with 48 kilos (or 105 pounds) of cocaine, the city's Special Narcotic Prosecutor's Office announced today. The drugs had a street value of $5 million, and were being moved from the Crowne Plaza Hotel in rolling suitcases meant to camouflage with every tourist's favorite sidewalk-hogging accessory. While police moved in on the suspects, one man fled "through the theater district and east toward Rockefeller Center, where he was lost in the holiday decorations-gazing crowds," the Post reports. He has yet to be apprehended, but may have suffered a worse fate among those throngs.
Photo: Courtesy of NYC Special Narcotic Prosecutor's Office
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement