As it turns out, there are consequences to shielding Matt Lauer from criticism over Ann Curry's uncomfortable exit from Today. While gossip circulated about bad blood between the former co-hosts, in September Today executive producer Jim Bell repeatedly said that Curry's ouster was his call. Now the New York Times reports that NBC News is looking for Bell's replacement, and veteran NBC News executive Alexandra Wallace will become the first woman to run the morning show. Bell will stay with NBC as executive producer of its Olympics coverage, a gig which certainly won't involve any controversy.
Photo: Peter Kramer/NBC© NBCUniversal, Inc.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?