Only one of the nine candidates backed by Sheldon Adelson won in the November election, but this hasn't dissuaded the casino magnate from acting as an ATM for the GOP. "I happen to be in a unique business where winning and losing is the basis of the entire business," Adelson tells The Wall Street Journal. "So I don't cry when I lose. There's always a new hand coming up." And Adelson is prepared to stuff it full of bills — eventually. He was already approached by five potential GOP presidential candidates at last month's Republican Governors Association conference, including Bob McDonnell and Bobby Jindal, but he still hasn't decided whom he'll shower with money in 2016.
Photo: Phillipe Lopez/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?