A worker in the Bronx was killed today when a 40-foot-long industrial air-conditioning unit fell from a crane outside of Bronx-Lebanon Hospital and crushed him, the Daily News reports, continuing this New York City week of horror. "Everybody was just yelling, 'He's under there! He's under there!'" according to a witness, who said it took the Fire Department an hour to free the man's body. "He was completely flat, like a cartoon. It’s crazy, anything can happen at any moment."
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 8. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring