It's far from the nuttiest thing he has done, but recently unseated congressman Allen West hinted on Friday that he thinks he's destined for greatness not unlike that of our 16th president. "Always remember, Abraham Lincoln only served one term in Congress, too," he told National Public Radio's Michel Martin. This is true, and Lincoln did move on from his short-lived congressional career to become one of the country's most revered presidents, but Lincoln also never accused 80 of his fellow lawmakers of being secret communists.
Photo: Alex Wong/Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film